Find your way around!

Sunday 16 November 2014

The Walking Dead Comics

Fight the dead,
Fear the living.

The Graphic Novels! 21 Is Missing *cry* but I'm Buying it Again
Soon!

The Walking Dead graphic novels are something I had wanted to read since I got into the TV show (the show was in it's second season then); finally, when I got my job in the bookshop, I had enough money to start buying them and I have since then spent an absolute BOMB on them since (no regrets though, they're freaking awesome).

For those of you who are unfamiliar with The Walking Dead, aka those who live under rocks, it is the story of county sheriff Rick Grimes who is shot on duty and slips in to a coma. He wakes up in hospital, alone and dazed to find that the world he knows is gone for good and the dead have started to walk. Rick sets out on a mission to find his family who he believes are in the city of Atlanta and upon finding them, he must work with others to try and survive in this new world but if there's one thing you can't do - it's trust other people, they may be even more dangerous than the dead.


SOUNDS COOL RIGHT!?

So I am now up to date with the comic book series and completely amazed by them and how much excitement they deliver in such a small amount of pages. Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Deadiverse, has completely turned the whole zombie apocalypse thing on it's head and stretched the boundaries of our imaginations to the point where it almost becomes real; it's a series you don't want to miss.

People have really slated the show; despite it's success, there will always be people who have to find something to hate about it (yet these are the people who loved Breaking Bad which I really did not enjoy). I guess I see the point of view that those who won't watch it have such as "how can you make 5 series out of a zombie apocalypse? They would pretty much spend every episode running for their lives.". Yes, sure they run for their lives, but it also completely tugs on your morals and shows a lot about what humans can do rather than zombies. It's incredible, it really is.

The show barely even gives you a flavour of the comics though. The first few series took a very different route to the graphic novels and were nowhere near as good whereas season 5 has stayed almost canon with it's plot. So if you've loved season 5...you should read these.

This post has been inspired purely by the fact that I've just read volume 22, A New Beginning, and damn son it was good. I'll just leave you with this little teaser...
..
...
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
TALKING ZOMBIES.
.
..
...
....
...
..
.
SO EXCITING!


So until Wednesday my friends,

Is x
Instagram - @issysmarvellousbookshelf
Twitter. - @marvellousshelf

No comments:

Post a Comment